Full-time, temporary 12-month contract
We are the leading social selling beauty company in North America. After 130 years, we have emerged as a brand-new, privately-held organization with $1 billion in sales from which to launch. Working in a start-up environment, you will be presented with new challenges every day. Unlike opportunities at established companies, where you job is often to execute already created plans with a narrow focus, in our environment you will contribute to building many things from scratch.
We are looking for change agents who have fresh ideas and are inspired by the opportunity to build Avon's future.
Reporting to the Manager, Campaign Planning, the Campaign Planner is responsible for executing all technical activities related to campaign planning and supporting the manager on additional projects to help ensure the smooth execution of campaigns that drive AVON’s financial goals.
- Perform retrospective analysis of previously sold campaigns, highlighting key findings and providing insight into sales decrease or increase. Present learning’s to the team of fellow campaign planners, senior campaign planners, campaign manager, estimators & the marketing managers. Implement those changes to future campaigns.
- Provide in depth financial analysis for each Campaign of responsibility at each key tollgate. Identify issues that need to be addressed and develop recommendations for corrective action. Prepare the data and present the findings to senior management according to schedule.
- Assure that as the campaign is being planned that it meets Profit Plan objectives (sales, margin & Units) at each stage of the campaign development process as per framework from Marketing Conference.
- Responsible for analyzing and merchandising a particular category in all 26 campaigns, and ensuring that category strategies are maintained.
- Liaise with Supply Chain to ensure the demand for recovery initiatives is covered.
- Manage and adapt the merchandising schedule for campaigns of responsibility to ensure key deadlines are met in a changing environment.
- Partner with creative department, in the communication of any and all changes to the campaign and verification of the printed piece upon circulation.
- Liaise with Digital & help determine which products should be promoted online for their respective campaign.
- Active participant in brainstorming sessions on recovery initiatives
- Assist senior campaign planner in the preparation of the quarterly planning deck.
- Perform Ad hoc analysis as requested by manager (ex: premium analysis)
Required qualifications & competencies:
- University degree in Business Administration or in Marketing completed or in progress and a minimum of 2 years relevant experience in Marketing.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in a Marketing role;
- Computer proficiency: Intermediate level MS Office Word, PowerPoint and Excel;
- Proficiency in both English and French (written and oral);
- Must be self-starter and able to take initiative.
- Detail-oriented, highly organized with ability to handle multiple conflicting deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure of tight deadlines.
- Analytical skills are imperative.
- Presentation skills required as well as ability to develop & sell ideas.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and be led but capable of taking the lead.
- Must be flexible with ability to adapt to change.
- Easily functions within a matrix environment.
Why Work for Avon?
- Dynamic and exciting work environment
- Excellent career and growth opportunities
- Competitive salaries and benefits package
We are an equal opportunity employer. While we appreciate all expressed interest in joining our team, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.