12-month contract, full-time
We are the leading social selling beauty company in North America. After 130 years, we have emerged as a brand-new, privately-held organization with $1 billion in sales from which to launch. Working in a start-up environment, you will be presented with new challenges every day. Unlike opportunities at established companies, where you job is often to execute already created plans with a narrow focus, in our environment you will contribute to building many things from scratch.
We are looking for change agents who have fresh ideas and are inspired by the opportunity to build Avon's future.
Reporting to the Supervisor of Order Prep and Inventory Management, the Inventory Control Specialist is responsible for inventory accuracy, the alignment of all order processing systems and inventory management processes/functions.
- Analyse inventory Integrity reports and processes. Provide inventory management process recommendations for ongoing improvements
- Analyse and correct billing failures. Recommend process improvements.
- Perform quarterly Internal Controls reviews.
- Prepare and actively participate in bi-annual warehouse count; investigate discrepancies and identify improvement opportunities.
- Work closely with 3rd party logistics provider to ensure timely receiving and updating of inventory, inventory accuracy and best-in-class inventory management process.
- Manage the destruction and duty claw back of obsolete inventory.
- Work closely with Returns team to support timely processing, discrepancy investigation & correction, etc.
- Back up WIMS system administrator
Experience and Required Competencies:
- University degree in Business Administration or a minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Must also be bilingual (both oral and written)
- Proficiency with MS Office, SAP, relational databases & systems
- Must be self-starter and able to take initiative
- Detail-oriented, process-oriented and highly organized with ability to handle multiple conflicting deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure of tight deadlines
- Analytical skills are imperative
- Must be able to work in a team environment and be led but capable of taking the lead and exercise sound judgement
- Must be flexible with ability to adapt to change
Why Work for Avon?
- Dynamic and exciting work environment
- Excellent career and growth opportunities
- Competitive salaries and benefits package
We are an equal opportunity employer. While we appreciate all expressed interest in joining our team, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.