Permanent, full-time position
We are the leading social selling beauty company in North America. After 130 years, we have emerged as a brand-new, privately-held organization with $1 billion in sales from which to launch. Working in a start-up environment, you will be presented with new challenges every day. Unlike opportunities at established companies, where you job is often to execute already created plans with a narrow focus, in our environment you will contribute to building many things from scratch.
Be part of a company that has empowered women and helped them reach financial independence for more than 130 years.
The Regional Sales Manager, (RSM) is responsible for developing and implementing sales strategies for the virtual region in an effort to grow and strengthen the Independent Sales Force. To do so, the incumbent must collaborate with other Regional Leadership and Regional Management to ensure that sales strategies and activities are integrated with all other parts of the business and aligned with overall corporate and regional objectives. The RSM guides, supports, counsels and develops the Sales Development teams in his/her region, providing strategic guidance in the areas of sales development, education and special events, instilling the company’s unique values and beliefs and embodying and maintaining the AVON Canada culture.
In your role, you will:
- Develop and implement the Regional social selling strategy:
- Drive the overall strategy and operations, with full P&L responsibility
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding the Region’s assigned sales targets and aligning field activities with the business’s strategic initiatives
- Accountable for analyzing the Region’s business, developing short- and long-term business plans that meet/exceed sales goals and drive sales growth and presenting them to Management
- Responsible for setting clear expectations and evaluating the achievement of the Regional Sales Plan
- Partner with Management members (e.g., Training and Development Manager, Senior Manager, Operations, Manager, Analytics, Marketing and PR) to develop appropriate business strategies that drive access to the brand, penetrating markets and supporting field objectives in their respective Regions and national objectives
- Responsible for allocating and managing LDM and BDM budgets
- Ensure that Sales KPIs are achieved through the flawless execution of national and regional sales initiatives
- Provide leadership to a growing team of direct reports and cross-functional partners to drive all elements of the business
- Drive new Representative acquisition and retention through innovative programs and promotions
- Develop annual and quarterly plans to increase Sales, Customers, Active Representatives and New Recruits
- Maximize market penetration (sales) and coverage (active Representatives) within the region
- Lead, manage and develop the Regional Sales Team
- Directly manage and coach Territory Sales Managers in accordance with AVON Canada’s sales model (FMP) to drive sustained improvement in core sales competencies
- Lead Regional sales force activities that include recruitment, hiring, training, development and performance evaluation, ensuring compliance with AVON’s corporate policies
- Work with key leaders in the Region, continue to develop Leaders identified in the business as executives and above, develop plans and follow up with the head of sales
- Build trust and form relationships with Sales Representatives through frequent telephone, in-person and online contact to create an open line of communication
- Act as a mentor to the Regional Sales teams and keep Corporate Management informed of the pulse of the Independent Sales force from which product marketing, incentives, sales education and career path compensation plans are developed or modified
- Maintain performance by counselling employees and planning, monitoring and appraising performance through performance reviews to develop and monitor sales programs
- Actively manage the team by recruiting, selecting and guiding employees and motivating and inspiring the team
- Maintain performance by counselling employees and planning, monitoring, evaluating and appraising performance
- Assess development plans to identify gaps and provide training, coaching and feedback to facilitate the continuous improvement of the team's capabilities
- Support the team and ensure that all employees have the resources, information and tools required to perform well
- Create a positive work environment and promote a culture of collaboration and performance
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge
- University degree in Commerce or a combination of relevant work experience in a sales management and/or recruitment role
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in a sales role in a large organization in a multi-channel, direct to consumer business industry
- Minimum of five (5) years of sales leadership experience managing a sales team of 10 or more people
- Proficiency in French and English (oral, written)
- Proficiency with MS Office and systems
- Proven leadership abilities in managing and directing a sales team and a track record of delivering exceptional business results with the ability to inspire others
- Proven experience in all aspects of planning and implementing sales strategies
- Proven ability to recruit, hire and retain top sales talent
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial
- Strong communication and coaching skills and advanced presentation skills targeting different audience levels
- Detailed and results oriented
- Business acumen and risk management skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize the work of direct reports to meet deadlines and/or targets
- Ability to work autonomously, multitask and exercise sound judgement
- Work schedule: irregular, including evenings and weekends
- Being open to considerable variety in the workplace
- Valid driver’s licence and impeccable driving record
- Making decisions that affect other people, financial resources and/or the image and reputation of the organization
- Working with others preferred over working alone, and being personally connected with others on the job
- Meeting strict deadlines, sales plans, KPIs, targets, etc.
- Willingness to lead, take charge and offer opinions and direction
- Accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with stressful/conflict situations
- Lifting, pushing, pulling or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds such as promotional items, boxes of brochures, etc.
- Competing or being aware of competitive pressures
- Frequent travel: approximatively 50% of the time
- Combination of flying and driving for extended consecutive periods within assigned division and/or to Head Office functions
- Overnight stays are required with return home on the weekend and occasional out-of-the-area, overnight or weekend travel
Why work for Avon?
- Competitive base salary and comprehensive benefits package
- Commissions and bonuses based on quarterly performance
- Exciting Incentives & Programs (e.g. trips)
- Dynamic work environment with passionate colleagues
- Excellent career and growth opportunities
At Avon, we are committed to the empowerment of women worldwide. We demonstrate this commitment by providing a path to financial independence, self-reliance and the realization of dreams.
If you want to be part of that vision and are ready for new challenges and learning opportunities, we want to get to know you.
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.