Permanent, full-time position
We are the leading social selling beauty company in North America. After 130 years, we have emerged as a brand-new, privately-held organization with $1 billion in sales from which to launch. Working in a start-up environment, you will be presented with new challenges every day. Unlike opportunities at established companies, where you job is often to execute already created plans with a narrow focus, in our environment you will contribute to building many things from scratch.
We are looking for change agents who have fresh ideas and are inspired by the opportunity to build Avon's future.
Reporting to the Manager, Inventory & Sourcing, the Sourcing Supervisor is responsible for planning and coordinating all Direct/Indirect Sourcing activities within Avon Canada, including Finished Goods, Print Literature, Building and Grounds, and Packaging Materials. These activities encompass sourcing and contract negotiation for materials, products, and services.
- Manage, motivate and support the Sourcing team by finding appropriate challenging work within and outside their comfort zones.
- Coordinate all Indirect sourcing initiatives through the Canadian organization. (Products, Services)
- Coordinate all Direct sourcing of Finished Goods through the Canadian organization. (Business Boutique, Canadian Unique products, etc.)
- Coordinate all Literature sourcing through the Canadian organization. (Brochures, Flyers, Sales Support, etc.)
- Identify, support and implement projects within the Supply Chain for savings opportunities
- Work closely with managers in other departments to identify savings opportunities within their cost centers
- Negotiate prices and contracts for both Direct and Indirect initiatives.
- Track and analyze market trends for corrugate, energy sources, etc. to minimize Indirect spend.
- Manage RFP/RFQ, review & evaluate requirements for issuing and awarding bids
- Resolve vendor or contractor grievances, and claims against suppliers
- Oversee purchasing of supplies and equipment requested by FedEx
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy
- Maintain records of goods ordered and received
- Handle administrative work: review and code invoices, creation of new vendors, PO creation, etc.
- Strategic management of relationships with suppliers and customers
- Other duties as required
Required qualifications & competencies:
- University degree in Business Administration, Commerce or related field of study or any relevant combination of work experience and education
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in procurement processes and contract negotiations, ideally both Direct and Indirect
- Previous experience in sourcing within Engineering, Quality, Supply Chain or Operations is highly desired
- ERP knowledge (Implementation and Integration experience an asset)
- Strong computer skills, specifically with MS Office;
- Strong interpersonal and cross-functional skills
- Highly analytical and process oriented
Why Work for Avon?
- Dynamic and exciting work environment
- Excellent career and growth opportunities
- Competitive salaries and benefits package
We are an equal opportunity employer. While we appreciate all expressed interest in joining our team, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.