Permanent, Full-Time position
Avon Canada Inc, is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Face Shop Co., Ltd., and ultimately LG Household & Health Care Ltd. and is the leading social selling beauty company in Canada with Independent Sales Representatives throughout the country. Avon's product portfolio includes award-winning skincare, color cosmetics, fragrance, personal care, and health and wellness, featuring brands such as ANEW, Avon True Color, Espira, Skin So Soft, as well as fashion and accessories. Avon Canada has a 105-year history of empowering women through economic opportunity, and supporting the causes that matter most to women and their families. The Avon Foundation for Women, Canada has contributed over $ 26 million in Canada toward eradicating breast cancer and funding women’s empowerment programs.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager for the Winnipeg, Mb area.
Would you like to be part of an exciting opportunity which will grow Leadership for Avon Canada and consequently help Avon make its mark within the social selling industry? Are you ready to make an impact across the nation by influencing and driving performance from coast to coast? Are you driven to get results and enjoy being an inspiration to others? If yes, we have the perfect job for you.
The Business Development Manager (“BDM”) is responsible for leading, managing, motivating and inspiring Independent Sales Leaders in a defined geographic region and their entire lineage to grow sales and the number of Leaders nationally. In addition, the incumbent will take initiative in developing innovative strategies for increasing sales, orders, revenue, recruitment and retention of leaders and their downline.
- Partner with high potential Independent Sales Leaders to analyze business opportunities, create business plans, implement training and recruiting techniques and take advantage of compensation plans and resources as well as build a high degree of Leader engagement and relationships
- Coach, influence and mentor Independent Sales Leaders to support their business growth, increase sales, drive engagement and recruit/grow their downline via phone, in person or through virtual webinar tools (e.g., GoToMeeting, Zoom, Facebook chat, etc.)
- Motivate and inspire Leaders to duplicate the coachings and trainings with their downline Leaders and Representatives to support them in meeting their objectives and achieve their goals through targeted efforts, focusing on short-term and consistent results
- Prepare presentations for and attend local field meetings and monthly sales meetings and be ready to conduct the same meetings virtually on a national level
- Review and analyze pertinent daily reports that are focused on metrics that drive performance
- Attend field events and meetings in support of Leadership Representatives’ business (e.g., Avon On Locations, Avon Opportunity Meetings, prospecting activities, etc.)
- Schedule contacts with new Sales Leaders for role modelling, observation and coaching purposes
- Conduct product demonstrations tailored to customer demands in a Leader’s territory and virtually reaching out to the Leader’s lineage across the nation
- Identify Representatives who have the talent, aspirations, abilities and qualities required to build a successful business or lead a team
- Evaluate and select successful Leadership Representatives to participate in the training and onboarding of new Leaders and Representatives
- Execute the Business Development Manager’s Field Management Process activities related to Prospecting, Appointing, Training and Development and train their assigned Independent Sales Leaders how to duplicate
- Promote the company and its products through the deployment of sales and marketing strategies that are unique to the needs of a Leader’s territory
- Other related duties assigned.
Required qualifications & competencies:
- University degree in Commerce, Adult Education or other relevant field and/or a combination of relevant work experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in sales management, coaching or direct selling or proven track record in building leadership
- Strong ability to motivate others through superior communication, interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Proven coaching, mentoring and people leadership skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret coverage/productivity data to better plan and allocate time and resources
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills (Bilingualism required for certain geographical areas)
- Works well under pressure
- Strategic minded, self-motivated and entrepreneurial
- Detailed and results oriented
- Ability to organize and prioritize the work of Sales Leaders to meet deadlines and/or sales targets
- Ability to work autonomously, multitask and exercise sound judgement and willingness to be hands on and do what it takes, including large and small tasks for field events
- Proficiency with MS Office and intermediate knowledge of Excel (e.g. pivot tables)
- Lifting, pushing, pulling or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds, such as promotional items, boxes of brochures, etc.
- Frequent travel: approximatively 25-30% of the time
- Valid driver’s licence and impeccable driving record
- Work schedule: irregular, including evenings and weekends, depending on business needs
Why Work for Avon?
- Dynamic and exciting work environment
- Excellent career and growth opportunities
- Competitive salaries and benefits package
We are an equal opportunity employer. While we appreciate all expressed interest in joining our team, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.