Permanent, Full-Time position
The Avon Company Canada Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of LG Household & Health Care Ltd. and is the leading social selling beauty company in Canada with Independent Sales Representatives throughout the country. Avon's product portfolio includes award-winning skincare, color cosmetics, fragrance, personal care, and health and wellness, featuring brands such as Cucina, belif, The Face Shop, VDL, ANEW, Avon True Color, Skin So Soft, as well as fashion and accessories. The Avon Company Canada Limited has a 105-year history of empowering women through economic opportunity, and supporting the causes that matter most to women and their families. The Avon Foundation for Women, Canada has contributed over $ 26 million in Canada toward eradicating breast cancer and funding women’s empowerment programs.
The Business Relationship Manager (“BRM”) is responsible for leading, managing, motivating and influencing Independent Sales Leaders in a defined geographic region and their entire lineage to grow sales and the number of Leaders nationally. Leveraging proved processes and procedures while accessing the unique strengths and needs of your area will lead to success. Your influence and knowledge will directly impact not only the main business KPIs but also the lives of women.
Duties and responsibilities
- Partner with high potential Independent Sales Leaders to analyze business opportunities, create business plans, implement training and recruiting techniques and take advantage of compensation plans and resources as well as build a high degree of Leader engagement and relationships
- Coach, influence and mentor Independent Sales Leaders to support their business growth, increase sales, drive engagement and recruit/grow their downline via phone, in person or through virtual webinar tools (e.g., GoToMeeting, Zoom, Facebook chat, etc.)
- Motivate, influence and Empower Leaders to duplicate the coachings and trainings with their downline Leaders and Representatives to support them in meeting their business objectives and achieve their business goals through targeted efforts, focusing on short-term and consistent results
- Prepare presentations for and attend local field meetings and monthly sales meetings and be ready to conduct the same meetings virtually on a national level
- Host events and field meetings, driving attendance on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis depending on the needs of the business and the Leaders.
- Review and analyze pertinent daily reports that are focused on metrics that drive performance
- Attend field events and meetings in support of Leadership Representatives’ business (e.g., Avon On Locations, Avon Opportunity Meetings, prospecting activities, etc.)
- Schedule contacts with new Sales Leaders for role modelling, observation and coaching purposes
- Conduct product demonstrations tailored to customer demands in a Leader’s territory and virtually reaching out to the Leader’s lineage across the nation
- Identify Representatives who have the talent, aspirations, abilities and qualities required to build a successful business or lead a team
- Evaluate and select successful Leadership Representatives to participate in the training and onboarding of new Leaders and Representatives
- Execute the Business Relationship Manager’s Field Management Process activities related to Prospecting, Appointing, Training and Development and train their assigned Independent Sales Leaders how to duplicate
- Promote the company and its products through the deployment of sales and marketing strategies that are unique to the needs of a Leader’s territory
- University degree in Commerce, Adult Education or other relevant field and/or a combination of relevant work experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in sales management, coaching or direct selling or proven track record in building leadership
- Strong ability to motivate others through superior communication, interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Proven coaching, mentoring and people leadership skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret coverage/productivity data to better plan and allocate time and resources
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills (Bilingualism required for certain geographical areas)
- Works well under in a fast-paced environment
- Strategic minded, self-motivated and entrepreneurial
- Detailed and results oriented
- Ability to organize and prioritize the work of Sales Leaders to meet deadlines and/or sales targets
- Ability to work autonomously, multitask and exercise sound judgement and willingness to be hands on in all aspects of the job including large and small tasks for field events
- Proficiency with MS Office and intermediate knowledge of Excel (e.g. pivot tables)
- Lifting, pushing, pulling or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds, such as promotional items, boxes of brochures, etc.
- Frequent travel: approximatively 25-30% of the time
- Valid driver’s licence and impeccable driving record
- Work schedule: irregular, including evenings and weekends, depending on business needs
Why Work for Avon?
- Dynamic and exciting work environment
- Competitive salaries and benefits package
- Monthly car allowance and quarterly commissions
We are an equal opportunity employer. While we appreciate all expressed interest in joining our team, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.