Temporary, One-Year Contract
The Avon Company Canada Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of LG H&H Co., Ltd. and is the leading social selling beauty company in Canada with Independent Sales Representatives throughout the country. Avon's product portfolio includes award-winning skincare, color cosmetics, fragrance, personal care, and health and wellness, featuring brands such as Cucina, belif, The Face Shop, VDL, ANEW, Avon True Color, Skin So Soft as well as fashion and accessories. The Avon Company Canada Limited has a 105-year history of empowering women through economic opportunity, and supporting the causes that matter most to women and their families. The Avon Foundation for Women, Canada has contributed over $ 26 million in Canada toward eradicating breast cancer and funding women’s empowerment programs.
The Category /Campaign Planner is responsible for executing all technical and planning activities related to Category and Campaign planning.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform category analysis of previously sold campaigns, highlighting key findings and providing insight into sales decrease or increase. Incorporate these learning’s to the category plans for upcoming campaigns and share these learnings for development purposes.
- Prepare preliminary merchandising outline for brochure category store each campaign with careful consideration for the merchandising flows both leading up to current campaign but also future key commitments. Implement the Canadian plans for unique & harmonized products into the cloned plans in IMIS system.
- Identify campaign sales gaps at each tollgate that need to be addressed and develop recommendations for corrective action to be reviewed & approved by Brand Managers and Campaign Manager and Director.
- For Campaign Planning responsibilities (by rotation) prepare the campaign overview in Tableau with insights into the strengths & weaknesses for key meeting toll gates.
- Responsible for analyzing and merchandising not only Brochure but Flyers (printed & digital) and on line initiatives for all 26 campaigns while ensuring that category strategies are maintained.
- Liaise with Supply Chain to ensure the demand for recovery initiatives are approved.
- Manage the merchandising schedule from a category tollgate perspective as well as campaign deadline perspective to ensure hand offs to cross functional departments are met in a timely manner.
- Partner with creative department, in the communication of all changes to the campaign and verification of all material (printed Brochures, flyers, What’s NEW as well as e versions.
- Liaise with Digital & help determine which products should be promoted online for their respective campaign.
- Active participant in brainstorming sessions to achieve incremental sales or for recovery initiatives
- Assist managers in the preparation of the quarterly overviews.
- Perform Ad hoc analysis as requested
- University degree in Business Administration or in Marketing and a minimum of 2 years relevant experience in Marketing.
- Computer proficiency: Intermediate level MS Office Word, PowerPoint and Excel, Tableau an asset
- Must also be bilingual (both oral and written).
- Must be able to work both on site or virtually or within a hybrid of the two.
- Must be able to work in an open environment.
- Must be self-starter and able to take initiative.
- Detail-oriented, highly organized with ability to handle multiple conflicting deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure of tight deadlines
- Analytical skills are imperative.
- Presentation skills required as well as ability to develop & sell ideas.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and be led but capable of taking the lead.
- Must be flexible with ability to adapt to change.
- Easily functions within a matrix environment.
- Dynamic and exciting work environment
- Excellent career and growth opportunities
- Competitive salaries and benefits package
We are an equal opportunity employer. While we appreciate all expressed interest in joining our team, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.