The Avon Company Canada Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Face Shop Co., Ltd., and ultimately LG Household & Health Care Ltd. and is the leading social selling beauty company in Canada with Independent Sales Representatives throughout the country. Avon's product portfolio includes award-winning skincare, color cosmetics, fragrance, personal care, and health and wellness, featuring brands such as ANEW, Avon True Color, Espira, Skin So Soft, as well as fashion and accessories. The Avon Company Canada Limited has a 105-year history of empowering women through economic opportunity, and supporting the causes that matter most to women and their families. The Avon Foundation for Women, Canada has contributed over $ 26 million in Canada toward eradicating breast cancer and funding women’s empowerment programs.
We are currently looking for a Communication Specialist to work at our Head Office located in Pointe-Claire.
The Communication Specialist is responsible for assessing, creating, and coordinating the delivery of communications to Field Associates, Internal Associates, and Representatives. This includes gathering relevant information, writing and revising copy, obtaining approval from project owner, requesting translation and creative support, and following up on various communication projects to ensure the accuracy, and timely delivery of each. The incumbent will contribute to the organization by sharing their knowledge of media production, communications techniques & methods by staying abreast of current trends in communications technology and best practices.
Duties and responsibilities:
Coordinate and provide required communications
- Review and/or write Internal, Field, and Representative communications and coordinate their approval, translation and deployment in collaboration with the various stakeholders in Sales, Marketing and other departments; multiple requests to be prioritized and executed swiftly.
- Review and/or write all content for the Avon Edge, our Representative WordPress site, and coordinate the approval, translation, formatting, uploading, and maintenance of all content contained within
- Ensure that all copy clearly and concisely communicates the intended message, is written in a tone that is appropriate to the intended audience, and maintains the voice of the brand
- Support ad-hoc organizational communication requests as needed
Provide communications expertise and strategic recommendations to ensure continuous improvement
- Assist in developing and executing communication plans to ensure that changes, updates and news are communicated accurately and in an appropriate tone to both Associates (Head Office and Field) and Representatives
- Assist in the control process and review/recommend improvements to the communications methods and tools being used
- Provide copywriting support and communications expertise to internal departments, making recommendations based on best practices within Avon and within the context of the latest developments in content deployment and content development, management, and deployment technology
- Maintain tracking on WordPress site visits, pageviews and search queries to provide content recommendations based on engagement with the site
Build and maintain strong relationships with internal departments
- Foster cross-functional collaboration with internal departments to maintain awareness of all programs, updates, incentives, events, technical issues, and field concerns
- Assign writing tasks to freelance copywriters, when requested. Validate the content they provide within tight deadlines, and coordinate the review, approval and translation of the work submitted
- Collaborate effectively on other projects and tasks upon request
- University degree in Communications or equivalent combination of work experience and education
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a similar role, in a fast-paced environment,
- Experience in a cross functional integrated role, including project management an asset
- Ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about a given topic or situation or creative ways to solve a problem
- Agency experience and/or experience acquired in direct selling and/or sales, an asset
- Advanced proficiency in English (oral, written), proficiency in French an asset
- Proficiency with MS Office and systems: Mac applications, Photoshop and InDesign, are assets
- Awareness of the latest web trends, techniques and technologies (Hubspot and other CRMs an asset)
- Knowledge of message personalization and mail merge
- Ability to organize and prioritize to meet deadlines and/or targets
- Ability to work autonomously, multitask and exercise sound judgement
- Head Office
- Standard office equipment (e.g., computers, smart phones, webcast solutions, photocopiers, etc.)
- Work schedule: regular hours with occasional additional availabilities
- Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented during meetings or via email and to communicate these ideas in writing in a way that is clear and compelling
- High degree of organization required in order to work on multiple projects at once
- Careful about detail, and thorough in completing work tasks
- Ability to prioritize tasks, and juggle multiple, and often conflicting, and highly time-sensitive deadlines
- Ability to accept feedback and deal calmly and effectively with stressful and/or conflict situations
- Ability to exercise discretion when dealing with confidential subject matter
Why Work for Avon?
- Dynamic and exciting work environment
- Excellent career and growth opportunities
- Competitive salaries and benefits package
We are an equal opportunity employer. While we appreciate all expressed interest in joining our team, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.