The Avon Company Canada Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of LG Household & Health Care Ltd. and is the leading social selling beauty company in Canada with Independent Sales Representatives throughout the country. Avon's product portfolio includes award-winning skincare, color cosmetics, fragrance, personal care, and health and wellness, featuring brands such as Cucina, belif, The Face Shop, VDL, ANEW, Avon True Color, Skin So Soft as well as fashion and accessories. The Avon Company Canada Limited has a 105-year history of empowering women through economic opportunity, and supporting the causes that matter most to women and their families. The Avon Foundation for Women, Canada has contributed over $ 26 million in Canada toward eradicating breast cancer and funding women’s empowerment programs.
The Creative Communication Specialist is responsible for the development and the delivery of all creative needs for Sales including internal and external Associate, Representative and Leader communications and incentive programs, and other as needed.
This includes the conceptualization, organization of resources (as required) and development of creative assets to be merged with copy that will inform, influence, motivate and positively impact the audience(s) with the target of increased awareness and interest of programs, or specific awareness or engagement of an initiative at hand.
Incumbent must demonstrate a keen sense of audience awareness while creating impactful visual material that best conveys the intended message.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain the highest standards of professional work in the creation of communication and creative services for Sales, Training and Customer Service and other departments as required.
- Supervise and guide freelance artists in developing creative assets for these departments. Manages invoice submission for creative freelancers. Requests may include, developing flyers and web assets for Incentives, Powerpoint presentations for Sales, creative development for Recognition and support of all materials needed for Field events, including National Events and Representative or Field Associate meetings.
- Work cross-functionally with Digital, Learning Development, Incentive Team, Marketing, Customer Service and other departments as required, in order to gain input for effective and cohesive communications to the field. Furthermore, prioritizes deadlines and guides matrix partners towards critical dates to ensure timely delivery of materials (print/virtual/ppt, etc.)
- Requires business awareness of upcoming focuses, the ability the merge priorities, manage change well and maintain a steady approach during peak deliverable timeframes.
- Supports Sales Events and Product Training Team in developing and coordinating Product training and Sales meeting presentations (national and local) as well as all assets needed to promote such events.
- Manage Shutterstock for Sales needs.
- University education in Creative field or equivalent technical degree.
- 5-6 years’ experience in Creative design role, preferably in a role that required organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite, PowerPoint, InDesign, Photoshop essential. A strong working knowledge of Hubspot.
- Strong creative skills to ensure the corporate image is reflected in all creative communications.
- Problem solving ability, strong organizational skills and the ability to supervise and administer the efforts of others and contribute to a positive team spirit.
- Previous Avon experience or Direct Selling industry or Sales company an asset.
- Previous management or supervisory experience an asset.
- Familiarity with Web design (HTML) an asset.
- Budget maintenance an asset.
- Copywriting and copy editing an asset.
- Bilingual and asset.
Why Work for Avon?
- Dynamic and exciting work environment
- Excellent career and growth opportunities
- Competitive salaries and benefits package
We are an equal opportunity employer. While we appreciate all expressed interest in joining our team, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.