The Avon Company Canada Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of LG H&H Co., Ltd. and is the leading social selling beauty company in Canada with Independent Sales Representatives throughout the country. Avon's product portfolio includes award-winning skincare, color cosmetics, fragrance, personal care, and health and wellness, featuring brands such as Cucina, belif, The Face Shop, VDL, ANEW, Avon True Color, Skin So Soft as well as fashion and accessories. The Avon Company Canada Limited has a 105-year history of empowering women through economic opportunity, and supporting the causes that matter most to women and their families. The Avon Foundation for Women, Canada has contributed over $ 26 million in Canada toward eradicating breast cancer and funding women’s empowerment programs.
The Demand Planner’s main duties include developing sales estimates for all products offered in his/her category, providing analytical support to Category Marketing and Supply Chain as required, and other related duties.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop sales estimates for all products offered in his/her category:
- Estimate the sales and units for all product offers (including but not limited to Brochure, Demo, Flyer and Catalog) by using effectively all the relevant data and information available including historical sales data, Creative layouts (page weights, brochure placement), US estimates, and activation plans, etc.
- Revise estimates as needed based on targets, changes to campaign plans or new trends.
- Review top forecast errors after each campaign closure to identify biggest gaps in estimates vs. actuals to identify learning opportunities and improve future forecast accuracy
- Work with the Category Marketing group; offer feedback based on historical sales data to help optimize productivity through final product selection and price setting.
- Review Early Reservation and 2Day trend results to fine-tune initial estimates and improve service. Provides revised Estimates to US and Canadian Supply Chain and Marketing teams.
- Provide US supply chain with life unit estimates for costing purposes for all new products. Review changes and revise estimates as needed.
- Provide life units per campaign to US supply chain and participate at bi-weekly KIR meetings.
- Participate in Estimating Turnbacks, Service meetings, Inventory meetings.
- Report any discrepancies or errors in the plans (Price, Units, flows, etc).
- Perform other analysis or duties as required.
- University degree in business and/or statistics-related field
- Minimum two years Demand forecasting experience
- Bilingual, an asset
- Knowledge of Excel, Access, and other relevant systems
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to manage time, prioritize work, and meet tight deadlines
- Dynamic and exciting work environment
- Excellent career and growth opportunities
- Competitive salaries and benefits package
We are an equal opportunity employer. While we appreciate all expressed interest in joining our team, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.