Temporary, Full-Time position (1-year contract)
Avon Canada Inc, is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Face Shop Co., Ltd., and ultimately LG Household & Health Care Ltd. and is the leading social selling beauty company in Canada with Independent Sales Representatives throughout the country. Avon's product portfolio includes award-winning skincare, color cosmetics, fragrance, personal care, and health and wellness, featuring brands such as ANEW, Avon True Color, Espira, Skin So Soft, as well as fashion and accessories. Avon Canada has a 105-year history of empowering women through economic opportunity, and supporting the causes that matter most to women and their families. The Avon Foundation for Women, Canada has contributed over $ 26 million in Canada toward eradicating breast cancer and funding women’s empowerment programs.
We are looking for a Demand Planner for our Office located in Pointe-Claire.
The Demand Planner offers ongoing support to the Marketing Analytics team. The incumbent’s duties include developing sales estimates for all products offered in his/her category, providing analytical support to Category Marketing and Supply Chain as required, and other related duties.
Duties and responsibilites:
- Develop sales estimates for all products offered in his/her category:
- Estimate the sales and units for all products offers (including but not limited to Brochure, Demo, Flyer and Catalog) by using effectively all the relevant data and information he/she has accumulated (includes historical sales data, Creative layouts (page weights, brochure placement), US estimates, and activation plans).
- Revise estimates as needed based on targets, changes to campaign plans or new trends.
- Review top forecast errors after each campaign closure to identify biggest gaps in estimates vs. actuals for future learnings.
- Work closely with the Category Marketing group to develop offers that provide maximum productivity, determining such factors as product selection and price point.
- Review Early Reservation and 2Day trend results in order to fine-tune initial estimates to improve service. Provides revised Operational Estimates to US and Canadian Supply Chain teams.
- Provide US supply chain with life unit estimates for costing purposes for all new products. Continue to provide feedback/revise estimates as costs/prices/products are updated and changed, until final buy is placed.
- Provide life units per campaign to US supply chain at bi-weekly KIR meetings. Participate at meetings to answer questions (for both unique and harmonized new products).
- Participate actively in cross-functional Quarterly Planning sessions, Estimating Turnbacks, Creative reviews, Service meetings, Inventory meetings.
- Report discrepancies and errors in the plans (Price, Units, Comm %, etc).
- Maintain and update Category historical sales for major launches, events, etc.
- Perform other analysis or duties as required.
- University degree in marketing and/or statistics-related field
- Minimum of two years and demand forecasting experience
- Knowledge of Excel, Access, and other relevant systems
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to manage time, prioritize work, and meet tight deadlines
Why Work for Avon?
- Dynamic and exciting work environment
- Excellent career and growth opportunities
- Competitive salaries and benefits package
We are an equal opportunity employer. While we appreciate all expressed interest in joining our team, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.