Temporary, Full-Time position (1-year contract)
Avon Canada Inc, is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Face Shop Co., Ltd., and ultimately LG Household & Health Care Ltd. and is the leading social selling beauty company in Canada with Independent Sales Representatives throughout the country. Avon's product portfolio includes award-winning skincare, color cosmetics, fragrance, personal care, and health and wellness, featuring brands such as ANEW, Avon True Color, Espira, Skin So Soft, as well as fashion and accessories. Avon Canada has a 105-year history of empowering women through economic opportunity, and supporting the causes that matter most to women and their families. The Avon Foundation for Women, Canada has contributed over $ 26 million in Canada toward eradicating breast cancer and funding women’s empowerment programs.
We are looking for a Facilities Coordinator for our Office located in Pointe-Claire.
The Facilities Coordinator is responsible for the overall safety, legal compliance, and maintenance of our stores and offices. This person also develops project contract strategies and cost-saving initiatives for the design and construction of our stores.
Duties and responsibilites:
1. Confirm any and all existing service agreements in place (e.g. window cleaning, fire safety services, pest control, etc.)
• Document which stores have ongoing service agreements, terms of services, etc.
• How long those service agreements are for and confirm that they do not exceed past a planned store's closure date to prevent being billed past service date/ companies sending technicians to a closed store (costs wasted trip).
• Analyze/ create plan for consolidating/ streamlining service agreements
2. Confirm aspects of stores that are not per standards of local jurisdictions (i.e. electrical/ lighting, etc.) and plan of action and overall budget to resolve all
• Identify which stores have any installed components that are not authorized in Canada,
• Prepare a schedule of those unauthorized components per category (i.e. "Electrical", "Accessibility", etc.)
• Negotiate a contract and ideally a discounted pricing with a construction company to correct these issues in a timely manner
• Coordinate with malls/ property managers as required
• Prepare an overall budget and timeline to resolve all of these issues
3. Analyze and document any store components (e.g. lighting, millwork pieces, etc.) that can be stockpiled for more efficient and cost-effective store maintenance strategy
• Prepare a specifications schedule of replacement fixtures based on country-wide availability, affordability (negotiate a package pricing if ordering for multiple stores), procurement data (lead time of these fixtures, for example)
4. Be stores' and Toronto office's primary contact for maintenance/ work service issues
• Receive, document, submit, and coordinate all incoming service requests from stores and Toronto office staff.
• Evaluate service requests as reasonable based on cost, evaluate against store closure timelines, store sales/ profitability, etc.
• Coordinate access with store managers and district managers as needed for the technician to resolve the issue, coordinate access with mall (property manager/ operations/ security) and ensure proper paperwork submitted as needed (contractor insurance requirements, for example such as COI and WSIB), extra coordination when work must be done after-hours
• Follow-up with and keep track of service company to ensure timely resolution to issues based on urgency of work requests
5. Collect and analyze data of maintenance service requests across the country and evaluate how company can reduce costs, become more efficient in addressing the same issues that are coming up, and prevent common issues from repeating
6. Build and maintain a directory of reliable contractors/ companies for various trades (e.g. locksmith, electrician, plumber, etc.) to address urgent service requests across Canada where the national service company may not be able to address as quickly or does not have the availability/ bandwidth to support.
7. Captain store safety throughout Canada
• Facilitate the checklist submissions from each store in regular intervals throughout the year, document and present data to construction manager and HR. Evaluate appropriate resolutions in response.
8. Draft and review architectural/ millwork drawings as needed to assist renovation, construction projects
• Manage the database of existing drawings for stores, keep up to date as-built drawings.
• Prepare conceptual/ test fit drawings for planned renovations of stores/ offices, integration of new millwork, etc. using AutoCAD.
• Review shop drawings (e.g. signage, millwork, etc.) for accuracy prior to fabrication, List the primary job duties and responsibilities using headings and then give examples of the types of activities under each heading. Using headings and giving examples of the types of activities to be done allows you to develop a flexible job description that encourages employee to ‘work outside the box’ and within reason, discourages “that’s not my job”.
- 3-5 years of experience / or an equivalent combination of technical training and related experience can also be considered.
- Demonstrable experience in contract development and negotiations,
- Strong communication skills. Bilingual (English/ French) is an asset.
- An interest in expanding your knowledge of construction techniques, building materials, building and accessibility code compliance and equipment/access through hands on experience and working closely with the store development team.
- A degree (or equivalent) in Construction Management, Project Management, Architectural Technology/ Design is an asset.
- Familiarity with design details and the ability to assist in making design-driven decisions that will impact future store developments.
- A working knowledge of scheduling, project management, tender and procurement,
- Having a working knowledge of computer-aided drawing tools including AutoCAD,
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Knowledge of Canadian Building Codes
- Bilingual (a must)
Correspondence and some work may be required on evenings/ weekends
Why Work for Avon?
- Dynamic and exciting work environment
- Excellent career and growth opportunities
- Competitive salaries and benefits package
We are an equal opportunity employer. While we appreciate all expressed interest in joining our team, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.