18 months contract
Avon Canada Inc, is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Face Shop Co., Ltd., and ultimately LG Household & Health Care Ltd. and is the leading social selling beauty company in Canada with Independent Sales Representatives throughout the country. Avon's product portfolio includes award-winning skincare, color cosmetics, fragrance, personal care, and health and wellness, featuring brands such as ANEW, Avon True Color, Espira, Skin So Soft, as well as fashion and accessories. Avon Canada has a 105-year history of empowering women through economic opportunity, and supporting the causes that matter most to women and their families. The Avon Foundation for Women, Canada has contributed over $ 26 million in Canada toward eradicating breast cancer and funding women’s empowerment programs.
We are looking for a Marketing Business Analyst for our Head Office located in Pointe-Claire.
The Business Analyst is responsible for meeting the data, reporting, and forecasting needs of the Campaign Planning department—with ad-hoc reporting/planning needs as assigned by the Senior Business Analyst (Marketing). The Business Analyst is expected to demonstrate the ability to identify data requirements, recommend solutions, and implement these solutions using existing databases. In meeting these needs, the Business Analyst help ensure the smooth execution of campaigns that drive Avon’s financial goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Asses the basic data reporting needs of the Marketing department, and write custom SQL queries to fulfil those needs—in addition to inter-departmental reporting needs as assigned
- Analyze existing key Marketing processes, and identify any improvements that can be made to increase effectiveness/efficiency within the department
- Understand the end-goals Avon’s data needs, and create automated dashboards/visualizations to help increase awareness of key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Perform bi-weekly, in-depth financial analysis for the trends/final results of each Campaign. Identify successes/failures, and develop recommendations for corrective action. Present the findings to key stakeholders
- Assist the Senior Business Analyst in the preparation of the Quarterly and Annual Business Review Deck
- Develop statistical models to forecast ongoing Campaign, Business, Vehicle, and Product-level Sales figures (including Order Counts) using historical data to ensure that all campaigns in the planning process are kept within reasonable Sales limits
- Continuously monitor overall Marketing KPIs (profit margin, average selling price, average order size, premiums, etc.) as the year progresses to ensure Category Managers are meeting key annual goals; alerting the Senior Business Analyst to any KPIs diverging from Plan
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses on issues relating to Marketing and the planning of Campaigns as assigned by the Senior Business Analyst (page weights, pricing, category mix, etc.)
- Occasionally assist Campaign Planners in the planning of products in the IMIS system, and ensure Tableau dashboards are up-to-date for key Campaign Planning stage-gates
- Actively participate in brainstorming sessions on sales recovery initiatives
- Easily functions within a matrix environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Finance, Information Systems, or Marketing), and a minimum of (3) years relevant experience in a similar role or relevant position
- Advanced proficiency with Excel, SQL, Tableau, and PowerPoint (Alteryx, Access, and SAP an asset)
- Highly skilled and accurate problem solver (quantitative, conceptual, and analytical framework)
- Ability to work autonomously, multitask, and exercise sound judgement
- Must be self-starter, willing to identify problems & propose solutions without prompting
- Ability to communicate and present complex ideas effectively to a non-technical audience
- Must be highly detail-oriented, organized, with ability to work under the pressure of tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a team/matrix environment
- Must be bilingual (oral and written)
Why Work for Avon?
- Dynamic and exciting work environment
- Excellent career and growth opportunities
- Competitive salaries and benefits package
We are an equal opportunity employer. While we appreciate all expressed interest in joining our team, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.