Avon Canada Inc, is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Face Shop Co., Ltd., and ultimately LG Household & Health Care Ltd. and is the leading social selling beauty company in Canada with Independent Sales Representatives throughout the country. Avon's product portfolio includes award-winning skincare, color cosmetics, fragrance, personal care, and health and wellness, featuring brands such as ANEW, Avon True Color, Espira, Skin So Soft, as well as fashion and accessories. Avon Canada has a 105-year history of empowering women through economic opportunity, and supporting the causes that matter most to women and their families. The Avon Foundation for Women, Canada has contributed over $ 26 million in Canada toward eradicating breast cancer and funding women’s empowerment programs.
We are looking for a Studio Clerk for our Head Office located in Pointe-Claire.
The Office Studio Clerk will have the opportunity to promote Avon beauty products and services to Representatives and Customers by providing information, advice, application, counsel and instruction, while booking appointments and achieving excellence in customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maximizes awareness of promotional programs
- Promotes Avon’s beauty products; provides information on new or existing products and services; conducts demonstrations
- Answers emails, phone calls, books appointments, greets visitors and assists them
- Provides samples, brochures and other Avon literature
- Assists the Studio Manager in inventory count
- Participates to set up window display and other strategic locations designed for advertising purposes are featuring effective promotions
- Coordinate gift baskets and packages for Avon events & giveaways
- Proceeds with product turnover to keep shelves full at all times and systematically replenishes product on shelves
- Assists in monitoring the Studio’s social media pages for commenting and posting
- Builds customer loyalty through follow up and repeat business
- Resolves customer complaints within guidelines
- Actively promotes and books appointments for in-studio events
- Responsible for opening and closing of Studio in the absence of the Studio Manager and/or Beauty Expert
- Serves coffee and drinks and creates a welcoming positive atmosphere for all visitors
- Maintains cleanliness of the overall studio including dusting shelves, keeping the floors clean at all times, etc.
- Attends workshop/education sessions and learns through other online offerings to ensure product knowledge is current and up to date ie. Avon Product Trainings, cosmetics web-based training, YouTube, etc.
- Completes all required tracking forms
- Perform other duties as required
- High School diploma, college diploma (DEC) or Attestation of Collegial Studies (AEC)
- Proficient on Social Media (Facebook, Instagram), knowledge in posting and commenting
- Previous experience in the cosmetics industry is required
- Strong communication skills in both French and English
- Must be courteous, efficient and customer-focused
- Must have strong computer skills particularly proficiency in MS Outlook
- Comfort level learning and implementing daily usage of the in-store tools and applications (ex: iPad, tools)
- Must be able to multitask and efficiently prioritize various requests and situations as they arise
- Must be reliable, have a positive attitude, and possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work flexible shifts which may include evenings and weekends based on operational needs
- Ability to work in a fragrance filled environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Ability to work in a fragrance filled environment
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Why Work for Avon?
- Dynamic and exciting work environment
- Excellent career and growth opportunities
- Competitive salaries and benefits package
We are an equal opportunity employer. While we appreciate all expressed interest in joining our team, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.