The Avon Company Canada Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of LG H&H Co., Ltd. and is the leading social selling beauty company in Canada with Independent Sales Representatives throughout the country. Avon's product portfolio includes award-winning skincare, color cosmetics, fragrance, personal care, and health and wellness, featuring brands such as Cucina, belif, The Face Shop, VDL, ANEW, Avon True Color, Skin So Soft as well as fashion and accessories. The Avon Company Canada Limited has a 105-year history of empowering women through economic opportunity, and supporting the causes that matter most to women and their families. The Avon Foundation for Women, Canada has contributed over $ 26 million in Canada toward eradicating breast cancer and funding women’s empowerment programs.
The Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance Coordinator plays a multi-faceted role within the Quality group. He/she reviews and approves labels, packaging and promotional materials. In addition, he/she provides responses to requests from Health Canada. This applies to all Avon, Fruits & Passion, Nature Collection and The History of Whoo products.
The employee conducts inspections and follow-up inspections of controlled products. This includes releasing controlled products into the systems when analyses and documentation demonstrate compliance with established specifications and standards and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and approve drug (DIN) and natural health product (NPN) labels, cosmetics and medical devices to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Review and approve promotional materials and packaging to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Provide responses to Health Canada requests.
- Participate in the pharmacovigilance process
- Oversee the annual confirmatory testing process
Fruits & Passion
- Prepare documentation to support production and assembly by subcontractors.
- Write up non-conformances and rework forms when necessary.
- Participate in the management of raw materials and fragrances.
- Support the development of new products and updates to the F&P line.
- Inspect and release controlled products.
- Resolve non-conformities.
- Contribute to the creation of MSDS.
Nature Collection and products from Korea
- Perform inspections and follow-up inspections of controlled products.
- Inspect, sample and release products considered as drugs according to sampling standards and procedures.
- Inspect all other products as required.
- Coordinate repackaging on products as requested by the company.
- Initiate non-conformances when deviations from specifications, GMPs or procedures in effect.
- Perform other duties as required
Works closely with:
All stakeholders in the supply chain
Regional and global (US and Korea) quality team including new product development
With any stakeholder that has an impact on GMP
- Education University degree in chemistry or science
- Experience Must have extensive knowledge of GMP
- Must be proficient in basic software such as Word, Excel, Power Point
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must have good judgment and tact in communicating with other stakeholders
- Must have problem solving skills
- Must be bilingual both verbally and in writing
- Membership in the College of Chemists (an asset) or eligible.
This position involves time spent in the warehouse and Laboratory
Why Work for Avon?
- Dynamic and exciting work environment
- Excellent career and growth opportunities
- Competitive salaries and benefits package
We are an equal opportunity employer. While we appreciate all expressed interest in joining our team, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.