The Avon Company Canada Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of LG Household & Health Care Ltd. and is the leading social selling beauty company in Canada with Independent Sales Representatives throughout the country. Avon's product portfolio includes award-winning skincare, color cosmetics, fragrance, personal care, and health and wellness, featuring brands such as Cucina, belif, The Face Shop, VDL, ANEW, Avon True Color, Skin So Soft, as well as fashion and accessories. The Avon Company Canada Limited has a 105-year history of empowering women through economic opportunity, and supporting the causes that matter most to women and their families. The Avon Foundation for Women, Canada has contributed over $ 26 million in Canada toward eradicating breast cancer and funding women’s empowerment programs.
This position is responsible for ensuring that products marketed by The Avon Company Canada Limited, Fruits & Passion, The Face Shop and LG H&H meet Canadian regulatory requirements at all stages of development. The incumbent will also maintain regulatory knowledge of Canadian regulatory guidelines and standards for cosmetics, controlled products and medical devices. The incumbent will manage pharmacovigilance for Canada.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure regulatory compliance and lead maintenance activities for products marketed by Avon Canada Inc. throughout their life cycle.
- Review the labels of natural products, cosmetics and medical devices to make sure they comply with regulatory requirements.
- Review and approve promotional materials to ensure the information is in compliance with regulations.
- Manage product licence applications and the review and approval process for various products, including natural and over-the-counter products.
- Advise internal and external clients on products under development, making sure they comply with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Be familiar with applicable government regulations and make sure they are adhered to; see to it that processes, documents and products meet Canadian regulatory standards, including the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act, Food and Drugs Act, Natural Health Products Regulations, Cosmetic Regulations, Medical Devices Regulations, Consumer Packaging and Labelling Act and Consumer Chemicals and Containers Regulations.
- Work with internal and external partners to manage assigned products in line with main business objectives.
- Ensure drug establishment licences for over-the-counter drugs, natural health products and medical devices are renewed annually.
- Manage pharmacovigilance records and coordinate customer complaints about adverse reactions. Prepare annual reports as per regulations.
- Prepare Mandatory Incident Reports to be submitted to Health Canada.
- Assess the Canadian regulatory environment and let local and external teams know how the legislation and guidelines impact product lines.
- University degree in Science or other related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical or cosmetics industry.
- Excellent knowledge of the Food and Drugs Act, GMPs, GLPs, ICH guidelines, the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act, Natural Health Products Regulations, Cosmetic Regulations, Medical Devices Regulations, Consumer Packaging and Labelling Act and Consumer Chemicals and Containers Regulations.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical technologies.
- Excellent understanding of FDA requirements and Canadian GMPs (an asset).
- Proven experience in internal or government inspections and audits (an asset).
- Dynamic and exciting work environment
- Excellent career and growth opportunities
- Competitive salaries and benefits package
We are an equal opportunity employer. While we appreciate all expressed interest in joining our team, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.