The Avon Company Canada Limited is a wholly owned by LG Household & Health Care Ltd. and is the leading social selling beauty company in Canada with Independent Sales Representatives throughout the country. Avon's product portfolio includes award-winning skincare, color cosmetics, fragrance, personal care, and health and wellness, featuring brands such as Cucina, belif, The Face Shop, VDL, ANEW, Avon True Color, Skin So Soft, as well as fashion and accessories. The Avon Company Canada Limited has a 105-year history of empowering women through economic opportunity, and supporting the causes that matter most to women and their families. The Avon Foundation for Women, Canada has contributed over $ 26 million in Canada toward eradicating breast cancer and funding women’s empowerment programs.
Location: NATURE COLLECTION STORE (Coquitlam, BC)
Within this position the person is responsible for the management and monitoring of all administrative, commercial and operational activities inherent to the Nature Collection Boutique operation. Exercising leadership, he/she operates sound management and coaching of employees in order to maximize sales as well as customer service always taking into account the Fruits & Passion (Nature Collection) norms and standards, he must also carry out a sound management of inventory.
Role and Responsibilities:
ENSURE SALES MANAGEMENT:
- Manage and optimize all performance indicators (KPI);
- Establish sales objectives for each team member and ensure follow-up;
- Command, monitor and teach sales techniques, customer approach and product knowledge;
- Conduct weekly meetings to assess sales performance and apply appropriate corrective measures in the event that objectives are not attained.
ENSURE HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT:
- Recruit and train Boutique personnel;
- Exercise a particular style of personnel management and methods that promote a favourable learning environment;
- Make sure that the enterprise’s values, policies and procedures are observed;
- Give positive “feedback” and appropriate training to team members;
- Motivate employees toward reaching their sales objectives
MONITOR AND MANAGE INVENTORIES:
- Place orders according to in-Boutique inventory in order to avoid shortages;
- Take delivery of orders according to established procedure;
- Proceed with credit requests according to procedure;
- Put into effect adjustments of no sale products by lot number and make sure product lines and fragrance order are observed throughout the Boutique;
- Reply promptly to weekly count call;
- Make sure losses policies are observed by employees and within Boutique.
MONITOR FINANCIAL OPERATIONS:
- Coordinate Boutique accounting activities by ensuring accuracy of cash balance and apply appropriate corrective measures if necessary;
- Issue and forward required financial information daily to appropriate person;
- Anticipate sufficient cash funds necessary to different operating hours of customer traffic and plan deposit procedure;
- Forward information relevant to pay processing on schedule.
OBSERVE BOUTIQUE MERCHANDISING IN AGREEMENT WITH FRUITS & PASSION (NATURE COLLECTION) CONCEPT:
- Proceed to daily verification of regular product lines arrangement according to established standards;
- Participate to set up and make sure that display window and strategic locations designed for advertising purposes actually feature effective promotions;
- Cultivate manual and artistic skills to produce gift baskets and packages characteristic of the Fruits & Passion product lines;
- Make sure you proceed with product turnover to keep shelves full at all times and systematically refill storage.
Particularities about this position:
- The Manager is assigned to one particular Boutique located in our new NATURE COLLECTION Store in Coquitlam, However, this position calls for a certain mobility from within a reasonable distance of place of residence, seeing that with the objective of developing their abilities and/or to satisfy Boutique’s operational needs, Fruits & Passion could proceed with relocation and transfer Manager to another Boutique in need of his services on a temporary or permanent basis.
Experience and Required Competencies:
- Result oriented;
- Customer oriented and significant interest to offer excellent service;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Excellent interpersonal relationship abilities;
- At ease with team work;
- Analytical ability and capacity for synthesizing;
- Problem solving;
- Communication skills (written and spoken English)
- Management College Degree or experience in similar position;
- MS Office Suite (Outlook);
- 2 years of experience managing a sales team;
- 3 years of experience in a customer service role
- Knowledge of fine fragrances and/or body care and skin care products (an asset);
- Computer knowledge
Why Work for Avon?
- Dynamic and exciting work environment
- Excellent career and growth opportunities
- Competitive salaries and benefits package
We are an equal opportunity employer. While we appreciate all expressed interest in joining our team, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.