Avon Canada Inc, is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Face Shop Co., Ltd., and ultimately LG Household & Health Care Ltd. and is the leading social selling beauty company in Canada with Independent Sales Representatives throughout the country. Avon's product portfolio includes award-winning skincare, color cosmetics, fragrance, personal care, and health and wellness, featuring brands such as ANEW, Avon True Color, Espira, Skin So Soft, as well as fashion and accessories. Avon Canada has a 105-year history of empowering women through economic opportunity, and supporting the causes that matter most to women and their families. The Avon Foundation for Women, Canada has contributed over $ 26 million in Canada toward eradicating breast cancer and funding women’s empowerment programs.
We are looking for a Store/Studio Manager for our Head Office located in Pointe-Claire.
The Store/Studio Manager is responsible for managing resources of Studio 1886 in order to maximize and achieve the Studio’s objectives, to model excellence in customer service and demonstrate the highest level of professionalism to every Representative, customer and staff member. The ideal Studio Manager will analyze and solve problems, support strategies, build collaborative relationships, engage and inspire the staff and lead by example on all Avon initiatives and Events.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drives store objectives and vision, plans and drives execution to ensure staff achieve productivity objectives and drives overall improvement
- Provides superior customer service by always putting the Representatives/Customers first and by answering customer inquiries regarding products, return policies, etc.
- Resolves customer complaints according to established guidelines
- Works in conjunction with the Head of Sales to prepare and implement the promotional plan and yearly budget
- Works with Marketing to implement displays to reflect promotional and in-store promotions and events programs as communicated in the brochures
- Manages the Social Media posts for Studio 1886
- Uses tools and resources provided to demonstrate expertise, to build customer loyalty, and build a community spirit, e.g. provides surveys to Representatives and Customers about their experience in the Studio.
- Books appointments for in-store events and manages annual incremental event schedule
- Manages the relationship with the vendor to ensure always have adequate supply of beverages and snacks to be served at Studio 1886
- Processes invoices on a monthly basis
- Actively demonstrates a high level of Avon product knowledge and promotes Avon products by presenting product features, advantages and benefits
- Assists in delivering personalized consultations and application makeovers, sharing artistry tips, tricks and techniques, and teaching Representatives and Customers how to recreate looks at home
- Supports Avon education initiatives and product knowledge training
- Works with the Learning & Development Team and the Field Sales Trainers to create and/or design the appropriate training material for the studio
- Connects with the Field Sales Trainers and Business Development Mangers to organize and conduct training and leadership events at Studio 1886
- Hires, mentors, coaches, trains, and motivates staff with respect to make-up application, and consultations
- Responsible for the opening and closing procedures of the Studio
- Identifies “peak hours” and schedules shifts accordingly
- Works with Marketing & Supply Chain to maintain balanced inventory and overall studio image
- Ensures shelves are replenished with inventory as needed
- Ensures staff attend and participate in Avon specific training programs
- Performs other duties as required
- College or University degree or equivalent work experience
- Five (5) years’ experience managing a store or in a similar role
- Sales experience with a proven track record of achieving sales goals is an asset
- Cosmetic experience is required – Proven ability to demonstrate make-up application, fragrance, skin care consultations
- Ability to create presentations independently, execute training materials and facilitate both live
- Strong communication skills in both French and English (oral, written)
- Proficiency with MS Office, particularly PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Proven track record in building strong relationships across cross-functional teams, leading to desired result
- Ability to analyze and interpret reports and then transform the analysis into an action plan to correct behaviours and drive results
- Commitment to providing excellence in Customer Service
- Previous experience in managing a budget is an asset
- Proficient on Social Media (Facebook, Instagram), knowledge in Managing Pages and advertising (boosting posts)
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines and/or targets
- Ability to work autonomously, multitask and exercise sound judgment
- Exceptional ability to influence behaviours and/or results sought
- Ability to negotiate with vendors and get the best deal
- Ability to work flexible shifts which may include evenings and weekends, depending on business needs
- Ability to work in a fragrance filled environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Why Work for Avon?
- Dynamic and exciting work environment
- Excellent career and growth opportunities
- Competitive salaries and benefits package
We are an equal opportunity employer. While we appreciate all expressed interest in joining our team, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.